STATUS-ACTIVE – ALL WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DIGITAL INDIA
It was launched on 2 July 2015 by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. The initiative includes plans to connect rural areas with high-speed internet networks. Digital India consists of three core components. They are:
- Development of secure and stable Digital Infrastructure
- Delivering government services digitally
- Universal Digital Literacy
Here are 10 points made by PM Modi:
- E-governance is going to change to M-Governance soon. ‘M’ is not for ‘Modi’, but ‘Mobile’.
- Make in India is important but ‘Design in India’ equally important for digital India. We need to create products in different languages and age group. It is a market of 125 crore people.
- Digital India will enable investment of Rs. 4.5 lakh crore and ensure jobs for 18 lakh people.
- Like bank lockers, there will be digital godowns where we will keep all our important documents.
- Now people will settle down only at places with an optical fibre network.
- Even a child understands digital power. Earlier, a child used to playfully wrench your reading glasses. Today, he reaches for your phone.
- I dream of digital India where the world looks to India for the next big Idea.
- I dream of a digital India where high-speed digital highways unite the nation, where 1.2 billion connected Indians drive innovation.
- Can we secure the world from the bloodless war? I’m talking about Cyber security. India must take the lead in cyber security through innovation.
- India has about 25 crore internet users. But the people who are still not using internet are more than anywhere else.
So, let’s look look up for better India. And above is ALL WE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT DIGITAL INDIA. With rural India being connected with the rest of the world, digitally, there is no stopping to the development.