Freedom is the oxygen of soul.
Then why? why men get it and women have to strive for it?
Women Empowerment is one of the major issue in India. Women Empowerment refers to increasing and improving the social, economic, political and legal strength of the women, to ensure equal-right to women, and to make them confident enough to claim their rights, such as:
- freely live their life with a sense of self-worth, respect and dignity,
- have complete control of their life, both within and outside of their home and workplace,
- to make their own choices and decisions,
- have equal social status in the society,
- have equal rights for social and economic justice,
- determine financial and economic choices,
- get equal opportunity for education,
- get equal employment opportunity without any gender bias,
- get safe and comfortable working environment.
The challenges/ barriers of women empowerment are:
- Because of the inherent superiority complex among the males, they often doesn’t allow their female counter-part to rise as high as them.
- High level of domestic responsibilities.
- Restrictions to participate in social, economic and religious activities.
- In our society, the boy-child often gets preference for education and healthy diet over the girl child.
- Preference for male-child still exist among many families in the society.
EDUCATION & FREEDOM!!!!!!
Some initiatives are also taken by government these days.
Women Empowerment Schemes by Government!
- Beti Bachao Beti Padhao Scheme
- One Stop Centre Scheme
- Women Helpline Scheme
- UJJAWALA : A Comprehensive Scheme for Prevention of trafficking and Rescue, Rehabilitation and Re-integration of Victims of Trafficking and Commercial Sexual Exploitation
- Working Women Hostel
- Rajiv Gandhi National Creche Scheme For the Children of Working Mothers
- Ministry approves new projects under Ujjawala Scheme and continues existing projects
- SWADHAR Greh (A Scheme for Women in Difficult Circumstances)
- Revision under IGMSY in Accordance with National Food Security Act, 2013 in XIIth Plan
- Support to Training and Employment Programme for Women (STEP)
- NARI SHAKTI PURASKAR
- Awardees of Stree Shakti Puruskar, 2014 & Awardees of Nari Shakti Puruskar
- Awardees of Rajya Mahila Samman & Zila Mahila Samman
- Archived Maternity Benefit Programme
- Mahila police Volunteers
- Mahila E-Haat